1. Healthy dose of online stalking
Look for their LinkedIn, Twitter, personal blog or a Medium page. Doing this research can help you answer a couple of questions such as:
• What verticals do they focus in?
• What startups have they led investments in?
• What are their hobbies or interests?
• What schools did they go to?
A lot of times in VC or interviews for any industry, it's all about the rapport that you build with your interviewer so go in there with as much information as you can.
2. Research the company and get familiar with their portfolio
• Have they had any recent exits?
• What startups have they led investments in recently?
Once you get familiar with their startups, you want to be able to form an educated opinion about them.
3. Show your value
• What's your superpower?
• Be ready to pitch 3 startups that match their fund thesis & check size
Here's a list of VC interview questions you should know all the answers to: http://www.startupandvc.com/vc-interview-question-trainer#Freebie
If this was helpful to you, follow me @jayleejanet across all social media channels. 🙋🏻