Are you interested in getting into Venture Capital? If you go to a HBCU or an alumni, you need to apply for HBCUvc for Fall 2021. The hard deadline is August 22 at 11:59PM EST. Through this internship, you will learn how to invest in tech startups and it is an amazing stepping stone to getting a summer internship or full-time role in VC in the future. HBCUvc's mission is create economically strong and sustainable Black communities through innovation and investment in innovation. Follow on HBCUvc IG: @hbcu.vc, Twitter: @hbcuvc
September 27- November 9
Time commitment is 3-5 hrs/week
- Rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students attending HBCUs and alumni of HBCUs.
- All majors are welcome to apply.
Here is what they will need from you:
- Personal contact information
- Link to social media presence (LinkedIn or personal blog)
- Four required short answer essays
- Two video essays (<1 minute)
- Contact information to 2 References (Should include an academic professor and/or professional contact. Name, Email and Phone number is required for each reference)
What you will get:
- Live and self-paced VC Training Classes
- Access to paid VC Internships with partner firms
- Equity funding for entrepreneurs through the Lab Fund
- Supportive professional community thats invested in your success
Janet Lee is an MBA candidate at the UCLA Anderson School of Management on a full-tuition fellowship. She is currently working for TenOneTen Ventures, Visible Hands VC and Tech Coast Angels. Before business school, she started two businesses, a tech-forward real estate brokerage and international trade & logistics company. Her MBA focus is venture capital, for which she was recently awarded the Deutschman Venture Fellowship.